Ndrayna

Using Highslide

I want to use Highslide because I'm using custom image links in my CMS setup. I know I need to place the following code in headerinclude but will it interfere with anything?

<script type="text/javascript" src="/highslide/highslide.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/highslide/highslide.css" />
<script type="text/javascript">
// override Highslide settings here
// instead of editing the highslide.js file
hs.graphicsDir = '/highslide/graphics/';
</script>

Thanks

Carlo

NB - I know the part link rel="stylesheet" interferes with thumbnail because it seems to shift the thumbnail 'close' text to above the image
Nicolo67

Re: Using Highslide

Hi Ndrayna, normally i just place the code in headerinclude and its work.
MisterNeutron

Re: Using Highslide

If you're getting some unexpected CSS changes when you include the highslide.css file, that just indicates that one of the Highslide JS CSS classes is colliding with something in your own CSS. Most of the Highslide JS classes have names that are sufficiently unique, they'd never cause a problem. There are some exceptions, however, including a .closebutton class. If you're not actually using the Highslide JS close button, you can just delete those lines from highslide.css.

There are also some Highslide JS wrapperClassName entries in highslide.css that could potentially interfere with your own CSS, like .dark and .wide-border. If you're not using those wrappers, you can just delete them from highslide.css.

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”