Ilke Cochrane

Wordpress blog Highslide works main page but not posts

Hello,

For some years now I have been using Highslide on my website and also on my blog. This is a Wordpress.org blog, hosted with my own website rather than on the Wordpress servers.

It has always worked beautifully, but recently I've noticed a glitch: the images still expand on the main page (which shows the most recent posts) but when you read an individual post and click on an image there, you just get an endlessly spinning circle of dots, or if you double-click, the larger image on its own.

The Highslide folder is copied into the root directory of the blog, but to be on the safe side I have this morning tried putting it into pretty much every folder I could think of, with no result.

Nothing, as far as I can tell, has changed in the way the URLs are generated - I did think it might be because the main page has the URL mabelfigworthy.co.uk/fof/ whereas individual posts end with the date and title of the post, e.g. fof/2017/04/11/half-a-day-class/ -- but that has been the case from the beginning, and the problem has only just appeared.

Has anyone encountered this before, or have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks, Ilke
Ilke Cochrane

Re: Wordpress blog Highslide works main page but not posts

Oops. Having been through header files and css files and includes and everything it turns out to be Privacy Badger which breaks the process. My apologies.
john21wall

Re: Wordpress blog Highslide works main page but not posts

I’m using Highslide JS on the homepage of my site, pulling img src, and it’s very cool.

For the blog entry pages, I want to be able to choose images using TV’s, displaying thumbnails that can be expanded with Highslide. Here’s my problem...

Return to “Highslide JS Usage”